- Led the consolidation of Austin High School back to the neighborhood high school.
- Worked with elected officials and community stakeholders in securing over $5 million dollars in capital improvements for Austin parks.
- One of the lead organizers in the fight against school closings and privatization of public education.
- One of the founding member and former executive director of Austin Youth League/Austin Mandela Little League which served over 1,000 youth and their families.
- Successfully lobbied for the renovation of Rockne Stadium.
- Former coach with the Windy City Dolphins Youth Football Program
- Columbus Park Advisory Council
- Austin Community Action Council (former co-chair)
- Member, Chicago Westside Branch of the NAACP
- Former assistant director of Raise Your Hand for Illinois Public Education
- Former AFSCME Local 1006 PEOPLE chairperson and union steward
Dwayne Truss Vision for the 29th Ward
Advocate for fair education funding, and work to establish well resourced community schools with effective wrap around services in order to strengthen families.
Support and be a voice for housing organizations in the push for affordable housing.
Crime and Poverty
Advocate for establishing education and training programs within our community to provide residents with the skills to prepare them for the jobs of tomorrow. Jobs paying livable wages are the most effective crime fighting tool.
Work for proper funding for behavior health services, and work with existing organizations and institutions in promoting awareness about available resources.